Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is from another internet site. Delicious and healthy! I use whole wheat tortillas or pitas as crust. You could also use pre-made squash puree, but make sure to saute the garlic and onions in some oil before baking the pizza. This goes great with a soup or a nice chicken breast.
- 1 whole wheat pizza crust
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 butternut squash, peeled and sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary (pick off the "leaves" for the pizza)
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place sliced onion and squash in a roasting pan. Sprinkle with some rosemary, salt, pepper, and olive oil; toss to coat.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until onions are lightly browned and squash is tender; set aside.
- Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees F.
- You can leave the squash as soft slices OR mash with a fork, making sure to get the garlic in there too.
- Spread the squash mixture on the crust. Top with the onions, rosemary leaves, parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake in oven until warm, about 10-12 minute.
- Slice and enjoy!