1/1 Photo of Butternut Squash, Rosemary, and Blue Cheese Risotto
1 hr 10 mins
From Bon Appetit. Served this with a side of roasted salmon. Absolutely divine. I used a bit more stock than called for near the end of cooking time, just to make it a little creamier.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/4 cups finely chopped onions
- 1 (2 lb) butternut squash, peeled, halved, seeded, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 2 teaspoons chopped rosemary, divided
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups packed baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1Bring 7cups broth to boil in large saucepan.
- 2Cover and reduce heat to low.
- 3Melt butter in large heavy pot over medium heat.
- 4Add onion and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes Add squash and 1½ teaspoons rosemary; sauté 4 minutes to coat with butter.
- 5Add rice and stir 2 minutes Add wine and simmer until evaporated, about 1 minute Add 7 cups hot broth, bring to boil.
- 6Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until rice is just tender and risotto is creamy and slightly soupy, adding more broth by ¼ cupfuls as needed to maintain consistency and stirring occasionally, about 18 minutes Stir in spinach, cream, and Parmesan cheese.
- 7Transfer risotto to large bowl.
- 8Sprinkle with blue cheese and remaining ½ teaspoon rosemary and serve.
Browse Our Top Short-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Short-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Squash, Rosemary, and Blue Cheese Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (909 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 797.7
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 72.0 mg
- Sodium 407.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 118.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 21.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: