Recipe by the accidental glutton
This is a great fall or winter soup. Very impressive for dinner parties! To roast garlic, cut off the top of a head of garlic & drizzle with a little olive oil. Wrap in foil & bake for about an hour at 350°F.
- 2 large onions, julienned
- 3 lbs butternut squash, peeled, seeded & chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, roasted
- 1⁄2 bunch sage leaf, plus additional for garnish
- 6 -8 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- salt & pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large soup pot, sauté the onion in half of the butter until caramelized, about 20 minutes.
- Add squash, roasted garlic cloves, sage & chicken stock.
- Simmer until squash is tender.
- Puree with an immersion blender or in a food processor.
- Add cream and season with salt & pepper.
- Garnish with additional sage leaves fried in 2 tablespoons of butter.