Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a great fall or winter soup. Very impressive for dinner parties! To roast garlic, cut off the top of a head of garlic & drizzle with a little olive oil. Wrap in foil & bake for about an hour at 350°F.
- In a large soup pot, sauté the onion in half of the butter until caramelized, about 20 minutes.
- Add squash, roasted garlic cloves, sage & chicken stock.
- Simmer until squash is tender.
- Puree with an immersion blender or in a food processor.
- Add cream and season with salt & pepper.
- Garnish with additional sage leaves fried in 2 tablespoons of butter.
This was made using squash that had been roasted. The garlic was cooked along with the onion. The soup was pureed using my immersion blender. Overall a nice creamy, fall soup.
A nice creamy soup and I was in need of a recipe to use up squashes and my sage plant. Hubby liked the garlic flavor