Recipe by Revolution_in_the_Kitchen
This is a basic risotto recipe using butternut squash and green onions. It has no cheese, but you can add some grated Parmesan if you want.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup green onion
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 cups arborio rice
- 2 quarts vegetable broth
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 butternut squash, diced (approx 4 cups)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat broth until almost boiling, then reduce to a simmer.
- In a large skillet, heat butter. Add onions and cook 1-2 minutes, until soft. Add rice, and stir until well coated. Pour in wine and stir until it is absorbed by the rice.
- Add squash and 1 ladle of broth. Continue to feed broth to the mixture until the squash is softened and the rice is al dente.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.