1/2 Photos of Butternut Squash Ravioli With Sage Butter
1 hr 30 mins
This ravioli is made with wonton wrappers instead of pasta. These make an impressive presentation. Recipe from San Francisco Flavors from the Junior League of SF.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) butternut squash, halved and seeded
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large leek, white part only, halved lenghtwise and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- wonton wrapper (square)
- 12 sage leaves
- 1Preheat the oven to 400°F Brush the olive oil over the cut sides of the squash. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and place, cut-side down, in a glass baking dish. Bake for about 45 minutes, or until soft. Let cool. Scoop the squash out of the skin and puree in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- 2In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter over medium-high heat and saute the leek until browned, about 7 minutes. Add the squash, cheese, and parsley and stir until just heated through.Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 3Place 1 tablespoon filling on a wonton wrapper. Brush the edges of the wrapper with water, fold, and seal shut around the filling. Repeat until all the filling is used.
- 4In a large pot of salted slowly boiling water, cook the ravioli until they float to the top, about 4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to serving bowls.
- 5While the ravioli are cooking, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Brown the sage leaves in the butter for 3 to 4 minutes. Pour over the ravioli and serve at once.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Squash Ravioli With Sage Butter
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.0
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 22.6 mg
- Sodium 186.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: