1/1 Photo of Butternut Squash Ravioli
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
food girl's Note:
A knockoff recipe from a great little local pasta place. Goes with many different sauces: alfredo sauce, butter sauce, or even lightly tossed in sun-dried tomato oil.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2-3/4 large butternut squash, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 cup finely grated gruyere cheese or 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1Steam squash until easily pierced with a fork.
- 2Mash squash, and add spices, cheese and salt and pepper.
- 3Cool, and prepare dough.
- 4For dough: Mix flour and salt together.
- 5In a separate bowl, mix the cilantro, eggs, and 1/4 cup water.
- 6In a food processor, pulse cilantro mixture until the cilantro is fine.
- 7Add flour mixture gradually until well mixed.
- 8Add water if necessary to obtain a stiff dough.
- 9Knead dough by hand, and leave rest in a covered bowl for 20 minutes.
- 10Knead again, and roll dough into a thin sheet, approximately 1/8 inch.
- 11Cut out an even number of circles in the dough.
- 12Drop a spoonful of filling in the center of each circle, moisten edges with water, and cover with a separate circle.
- 13Pinch edges together, and leave ravioli dry for about 2 hours, and refrigerate until needed.
- 14Cook ravioli in boiling salted water for about 15 minutes, drain, and serve with preferred sauce.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Squash Ravioli
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 456.0
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 107.8 mg
- Sodium 380.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 17.0 g