Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Make and share this Butternut Squash Quinoa "Risotto" recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to about 400°F Toss the diced butternut squad with two tablespoons of olive oil and roast in oven for about 20 minute Remove from heat and set aside.
- With remaining olive oil sauté the onions and garlic on medium heat until translucent. Add quinoa and toss for about a minute, add water and cream of mushroom soup and bring to a boil. Take heat down to a simmer and cook for about 12 minutes.
- While quinoa is cooking, blend the roasted butternut squash, coconut milk and sage to a thick puree.
- Add puree to the quinoa. You can add about 1/4 cup water to the quinoa if not cooked. Add peas.
- Simmer the quinoa "risotto" for about five more minutes. Stir frequently.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Turn off heat and let sit for about 10 minutes.
- Toss and serve.