Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Whether you like squash or not, you really should try this bread. You will be glad you did. It is similar to pumpkin bread, but so much better. It is very moist and flavorful. The recipe is from my mom. She used to make it years ago for the holidays and I still have fond memories.
- Combine dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix just until combined.
- Put in two ungreased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Very Good Recipe! The bread is very moist and just the right amount of spices. I added a chopped apple for added flavor. I definately will use this recipe again.
I was so excited to find this easy recipe. My sister warned me that substituting butternut for pumpkin in pumpkin bread recipes left the bread too dry. But this was fantastically moist and yummy! We used walnuts and added chocolate chips because everything is better with chocolate.