Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
An appetizer from the excellent Veganomicon (p 50) -- I'm looking forward to trying it soon
Make and share this Butternut Squash & Pumpkin Seed Rice Paper Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat over to 400°F Drizzle squash with oil and toss to coat. Roast in a single layer for about 1/2 hour until soft and slightly caramelized, turning halfway through. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- Cook vermicelli according to package instructions. Drain and run under cool water to stop cooking. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Soften rice wrappers according to package instructions. Handle gently -- they are fragile!
- Place about 1/4 c noodles in the lover third of the wrapper, leaving about 1.5 inches of space from the bottom and sides. Place a layer of butternut squash above the noodles. Sprinkle with cilantro and pumpkin seeds.
- Fold in sides of wrapper and then roll, firmly but gently, from the bottom. Place on serving plate seam-side down. Cut in half when ready to serve.