Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Wonderful flavor pairing that elevates pizza to a new level. Source: http://food.yahoo.com/recipes/allrecipes/41998/butternut-squash-pizzas-with-rosemary
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1⁄2 butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- salt and black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 prepared pizza crust
- 2 tablespoons grated asiago cheese or 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Place sliced onion and squash in a roasting pan. Sprinkle with rosemary, salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil; toss to coat.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until onions are lightly browned and squash is tender; set aside.
- Distribute squash mixture over the pizza shell and continue baking for 10 minutes, checking occasionally, or until the crust is firm. Sprinkle with cheese and remaining tablespoon olive oil. Cut into quarters, and serve.