Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Pillsbury Bake Off.
Make and share this Butternut Squash Pesto Pizza/Flatbread recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cups butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion (about 1 small)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (13 7/8 ounce) canrefrigerated classic pizza crusts
- 4 ounces pancetta, diced
- 3 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1⁄2 cup chopped drained roasted red pepper (from 7-oz jar)
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup asiago cheese, shredded (4 oz)
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled (2 oz)
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- In s medium bowl, mix squash, onion, brown sugar, salt, black pepper and 1 1/2 tablespoons of the oil.
- Spread mixture in ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish.
- Bake about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until squash is tender.
- Spray large cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Unroll pizza crust dough on cookie sheet into 13x9-inch rectangle.
- Bake at 400°F 7 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a 10-inch skillet, heat remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil over medium heat.
- Add pancetta; cook 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until lightly browned. Drain.
- Spread pesto over partially baked crust.
- Top with squash mixture, pancetta, roasted peppers, walnuts and cheeses.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes longer or until edges are golden brown.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
This was so good. I added and took away a few things for personal preference but it had excellent flavor with the pesto and squash mix. Yum!