1/5 Photos of Butternut Squash Orzo
When they are combined, the pasta picks up the flavor of the squash beautifully. Make sure you cook it long enough for the flavors to meld.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a deep skillet, melt butter with oil over medium-high heat.
- 2Add onion and cook for about 6 minutes, or until tender and starting to brown.
- 3Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- 4Add squash and stir.
- 5Add 1/2 cup chicken broth and simmer over medium heat until liquid is absorbed and squash is barely tender.
- 6While it is simmering, bring the remaining broth to a boil.
- 7Add orzo and cook for about 8 minutes, until cooked al dente.
- 8Drain any excess liquid.
- 9Combine squash mixture with orzo and heat together for a few minutes, until the squash is tender.
- 10Pour into a bowl and toss with basil and cheese.
- 11Add salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Squash Orzo
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 325.7
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 18.6 mg
- Sodium 224.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 11.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: