Recipe by Lennie
Tore this recipe out of an old calendar and recently found the clipping -- haven't made them but they sure sound good, so I thought I'd share!
Top Review by ann366_12218570
Loved this recipe. Used applesauce to cut down on the oil and agave to cut down on the sugar by using 3/4 of it and the rest of the oil and sugar recommended. I also added a little oatmeal and cut back on the flour and some sliced almonds. They baked up nice and were not too sweet. A nice healthy guilt free baked good with coffee in the morning without the sugar and guilt. Good use of the squash too.
- 532.32 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml granulated sugar
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml mace
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 0.59 ml ground cloves
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml cooked mashed butternut squash (or pureed)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 177.44 ml canola oil (or any vegetable oil)
- 118.29 ml whole milk
- 236.59 ml fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375F; spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray, or use paper liners; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, spices, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, thoroughly whisk together the squash, egg, oil and milk.
- Add the wet ingredients all at once into the dry ingredients and mix just until combined; it's important NOT to overmix.
- Fold in the cranberries.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups and bake in preheated oven for 16 to 20 minutes, or until a tester inserted into the centre of the muffins comes out clean.
- Cool muffins on wire racks.