1/5 Photos of Butternut Squash Muffins, Diabetic
This comes from the Splenda site and makes a very tasty muffin that is lower in fat and sugar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Lightly grease a 12 cup muffin pan.
- 2In a medium saucepan with enough water to cover, boil squash 20 minutes, or until tender. Remove from heat, drain, and puree in a food processor.
- 3In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, SPLENDA® Granular, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- 4In a medium bowl, thoroughly mix together milk, eggs, and butter.
- 5Stir in squash.
- 6Fold the squash mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened.
- 7Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan, filling cups about 1/2 to 2/3 full.
- 8Bake 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of a muffin comes out clean.
- 9Remove from muffin pan and cool on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Squash Muffins, Diabetic
Serving Size: 1 (61 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 110.2
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 42.4 mg
- Sodium 191.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: