Recipe by ala-kat
I found the basic recipe in a magazine, don't know which one. This is a tasty recipe, and really quite simple. The hardest part is the peeling of the squash.
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) butternut squash, peeled, seeded & cubed
- 4 large leeks, white and light green parts
- 4 leaves fresh rosemary (substitute sage or any of your favorite holiday herb)
- coarse salt
- coarse black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- roasted pecan pieces, for a twist
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Original recipe called for 400 - I think, like the one reviewer mentioned - may be too high. Maybe 375? Another thought is to maybe add the leeks a little into the cookiing -- the squash is definatly going to take longer to cook. Just some tweaking going on here. thanks for looking, and cooking!
- In a large bowl, mix the squash, leeks, herb, salt, pepper, olive oil and pecans (if your are using them) together.
- Place on a cookie sheet (may take 2) and cook for appx 1/2 hour.
- This is some really good stuff!
- Cook time is 1/2 hour, prep time is going to vary - the squash does take time, but well worth it.
- Edit to add that after peeling, seeding and halving/quartering the squash, put it in the microwave for 2 to 3 minutes. This will help with dicing of the squash and help even out the cooking time with the leeks.