Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found the basic recipe in a magazine, don't know which one. This is a tasty recipe, and really quite simple. The hardest part is the peeling of the squash.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Original recipe called for 400 - I think, like the one reviewer mentioned - may be too high. Maybe 375? Another thought is to maybe add the leeks a little into the cookiing -- the squash is definatly going to take longer to cook. Just some tweaking going on here. thanks for looking, and cooking!
- In a large bowl, mix the squash, leeks, herb, salt, pepper, olive oil and pecans (if your are using them) together.
- Place on a cookie sheet (may take 2) and cook for appx 1/2 hour.
- This is some really good stuff!
- Cook time is 1/2 hour, prep time is going to vary - the squash does take time, but well worth it.
- Edit to add that after peeling, seeding and halving/quartering the squash, put it in the microwave for 2 to 3 minutes. This will help with dicing of the squash and help even out the cooking time with the leeks.
I used rosemary, sage, and thyme. The 400 degrees was a little hot and it took less than a half hour.