I found the basic recipe in a magazine, don't know which one. This is a tasty recipe, and really quite simple. The hardest part is the peeling of the squash.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400.
- 2Original recipe called for 400 - I think, like the one reviewer mentioned - may be too high. Maybe 375? Another thought is to maybe add the leeks a little into the cookiing -- the squash is definatly going to take longer to cook. Just some tweaking going on here. thanks for looking, and cooking!
- 3In a large bowl, mix the squash, leeks, herb, salt, pepper, olive oil and pecans (if your are using them) together.
- 4Place on a cookie sheet (may take 2) and cook for appx 1/2 hour.
- 5This is some really good stuff!
- 6Cook time is 1/2 hour, prep time is going to vary - the squash does take time, but well worth it.
- 7Edit to add that after peeling, seeding and halving/quartering the squash, put it in the microwave for 2 to 3 minutes. This will help with dicing of the squash and help even out the cooking time with the leeks.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Squash & Leeks
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.0
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 19.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: