1/1 Photo of Butternut Squash Leek Soup
1 hr 25 mins
I got this recipe from Cooking Light. I made it according to the recipe directions, except it was the first time I cooked with leeks and I think I used a little of the dark green parts. The magazine picture showed it as orange, and mine came out a little oniony, and green, but it was still good. I'd love reviews to see what you think.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove white papery skin from garlic head (do not peel or separate the cloves). Wrap in foil and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Cool 10 minutes.
- 2Separate cloves and squeeze to extract garlic. Discard skins.
- 3Heat oil in a large saucepan over med-high heat.
- 4Add leek & sauté for 5 minutes or until tender.
- 5Stir in garlic, squash, water, broth, salt & pepper. Bring to a boil.
- 6Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until squash is tender.
- 7Place half the mixture in blender. Remove the center piece on blender lid to allow steam to escape. Cover the opening with a towel and blend until smooth.
- 8Repeat for remaining mixture.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Squash Leek Soup
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 125.6
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 461.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 3.8 g