Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
A tasty soup to warm away those winter blues.
- 1⁄2 butternut squash (peeled and chopped into small chunks)
- 2 small onions (roughly chopped)
- 4 leeks (roughly chopped)
- 1 red chili pepper (deseeded and chopped finely)
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 400 ml chicken stock
- 400 ml milk (can be semi-skimmed)
- 20 g butter or 20 g margarine
- 4 tablespoons cream, for serving
- Boil butternut squash in salty water for approximately 10 mins, or until soft.
- Melt butter in a large pot and add leeks and onions. Season with salt and pepper. Leave to sweat for approximately 15 minutes.
- Add softened butternut squash and chilli. Leave to cook for 1 minute.
- Add chicken stock and milk and bring to a gentle simmer. Leave to cook for 20 minutes.
- Leave to cool for a couple of minutes then pour the mix into a food processor. It should have a creamy texture.
- Add the cream before serving.