1/1 Photo of Butternut Squash Latkes (H. G.)
From hungry-girl.com... optional toppings include fat-free sour cream and chopped scallions, unsweetened applesauce and cinnamon. I used two medium-sized squashes, and that gave me about six cups of shreds, so I doubled the recipe and got 28 latkes. They didn't stick together very well, though, so I'd suggest adding a bit more egg substitute.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place a large baking sheet in the oven, and preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Place shredded squash and onion on a layer of paper towels. Cover with another layer of paper towels, and press down firmly to remove all excess moisture. Repeat until squash and onion shreds are as dry as possible.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, combine squash, onion, egg substitute, flour, and salt. Mix well.
- 4Using oven mitts or kitchen towels, carefully remove the hot baking sheet from the oven. Cover sheet evenly with a 3-second spray of olive oil spray.
- 5Spoon squash mixture onto the sheet in 12 evenly spaced mounds. Using the back of a spoon, flatten and spread each mound into a circle about 3 inches wide.
- 6Carefully (remember, it's hot!) return pan to the oven and bake for 8 minutes.
- 7Using oven mitts or kitchen towels, carefully remove sheet. Coat the top of the latkes with another 3-second spray of olive oil spray. Gently flip with a spatula.
- 8Return to the oven and bake for approximately 10 minutes, until both sides of latkes are crispy. Serve with sour cream topped with scallions and/or applesauce topped with cinnamon!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Squash Latkes (H. G.)
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 81.5
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.1 mg
- Sodium 323.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 3.6 g