Recipe by Skippy [BW]
The noodles and the squash work perfectly together and make a great combo.
Top Review by Sharon.I.ODonnell
meh. The ricotta and butternut squash with the pasta produces a dead, flat dish. On the butternut side (roasted), I added hazelnuts, for the ricotta (whole milk), I added bacon. The additions helped but I am convinced that butternut squash and ricotta cannot hold a dish together. Ricotta and spinach work with pasta but you need 3 times more spinach than ricotta. Ricotta and butternut squash with pasta, no.
- 2 (12 ounce) packages frozen butternut squash puree, thawed or 4 cups pureed fresh butternut squash
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 15 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheese
- 8 short no-boil lasagna noodles (about 7x4 inches)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine squash puree, 1 teaspoons salt,sage, and 1/4 teaspoons pepper in medium bowl; mix well.
- Combine ricotta, 1/4 cup Parmesan, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper in second bowl; mix well.
- Coat 8x8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place 2 noodles in bottom of dish and spread half of squash mixture over noodles.
- Layer 2 more noodles on top and spread half of ricotta mixture over noodles. Repeat layers--noodles, squash, noodles, ricotta--then sprinkle with remaining parmesan.
- Cover with foil. Bake 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake 20 - 25 minutes or until golden on top and then let stand 5 to 10 minutes.