1/1 Photo of Butternut Squash Gnocchi With Whiskey Cream Sauce
1 hr 20 mins
These tiny melt-in-your-mouth pillows of heaven are a simple act of giving. Gnocchi shows anyone you serve them to, that they are special. They are worth your time and effort. I can't think of another pasta that offers such sublime flavor and delicate texture. Plus, the Whiskey Cream Sauce is spectacular in it's own right. Silky, robust--a perfect coating for the most luxurious of pastas!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small butternut squash, about 1 lb
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese
- 3.69 ml nutmeg
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 flour
- 236.59 ml flour
For the Cream Sauce
- 1Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Cut the squach in half. Remove the seeds and lay on a oiled, rimmed baking sheets. Roast the squash until soft—30-40 minutes.
- 2Scoop the flesh of the squash out and place it in the food processor. Puree until completely smooth.
- 3Mix the pureed squash with parmesan cheese, nutmeg, salt, pepper and eggs. Then add the flour into the mixture and work together by hand. It will be very sticky.
- 4Once smooth, flour a work surface and a large piece of parchment paper. Flour your hands and grab a handful of dough. Roll into a long strip, about ½ inch wide. Cut the strip into ½ pieces.
- 5~This is the tricky part~ Place each piece in the palm of your hand (or on the cutting board) and gently roll with a fork to create ridges. Place each piece on the floured parchment paper and repeat with the rest of the dough.
- 6Bring a large pot of water to boil. Boil half the gnocchi, then remove and repeat. With each batch, boil until all the gnocchi floats—about 5 minutes.
- 7Meanwhile, heat another large skillet over medium heat. Add the butter and flour, whisk until smooth.
- 8Then add the shallots and garlic. Saute for 3 minutes.
- 9Add the bourbon and chicken stock.
- 10Whisk and raise heat. Bring the sauce to a boil. Allow the sauce to reduce down to a thin gravy-like consistency. Then lower the heat to medium-low and add the cream. Salt and pepper to taste—usually about 1 teaspoons of salt.
- 11Once the gnocchi are finished cooking, remove them with a skimmer and place them directly into the cream sauce. Stir to coat.
- 12Serve the gnocchi warm and garnish with fresh thyme leaves!
- 13*If the cream sauce thickens too much, add a little water from the gnocchi pot to thin it out!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Squash Gnocchi With Whiskey Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (577 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 771.5
- Calories from Fat 220
- Total Fat 24.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 170.3 mg
- Sodium 1069.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 21.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: