Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
From Real Simple magazine. Recommended to serve with an arugula salad topped with oil, salt, and pepper.
- 1 lb pizza dough, thawed if frozen
- 1 lb butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups extra-sharp cheddar cheese, grated (6 oz)
- Heat oven to 400°F Shape the dough into a large oval and place on a cornmeal-dusted baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, toss the squash, onion, pine nuts, thyme, oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Scatter over the dough and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake until golden brown and crisp, 25-30 minutes.
This pizza is easy and delicous. I have made it as a party apetizer and for dinner. Everyone has raved and always wanted more. I use a premade whole wheat pizza dough from whole foods which adds another tasty crunch to the pizza..