Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a good looking (and tasty) side dish. Do not add salt, since the boullion cube is already pretty salty.
- Melt butter and cooked onion on medium heat until golden brown and caramelized.
- Warm up the milk and dissolve the bouillon cube in it.
- Boil the milk and add the cornstarch previously dissolved in a ¼ cup of cold milk.
- Stir and cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the onion, Parmesan cheese, chopped ham and squash puree.
- Mix well and let it come to room temperature.
- Meanwhile beat eggs, with pepper and nutmeg.
- Add eggs to previous mixture.
- Spray 8 small flan moulds (or Ramequins) with vegetable oil and fill with the mix, leaving ½ inch from the border.
- Cook in a 350 oven in a water bath for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let sit for a few minutes and remove flans by inverting them.