This is a good looking (and tasty) side dish. Do not add salt, since the boullion cube is already pretty salty.
My Private Note
small f ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter and cooked onion on medium heat until golden brown and caramelized.
- 2Warm up the milk and dissolve the bouillon cube in it.
- 3Boil the milk and add the cornstarch previously dissolved in a ¼ cup of cold milk.
- 4Stir and cook for 3 minutes.
- 5Remove from heat and add the onion, Parmesan cheese, chopped ham and squash puree.
- 6Mix well and let it come to room temperature.
- 7Meanwhile beat eggs, with pepper and nutmeg.
- 8Add eggs to previous mixture.
- 9Spray 8 small flan moulds (or Ramequins) with vegetable oil and fill with the mix, leaving ½ inch from the border.
- 10Cook in a 350 oven in a water bath for 30 to 40 minutes.
- 11Remove from oven, let sit for a few minutes and remove flans by inverting them.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Squash Flan
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 151.1
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 124.0 mg
- Sodium 111.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 6.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetable bouillon cubes