1/2 Photos of Butternut Squash Crunch
This is like the traditional sweet potato dish with marshmallows. I can only find frozen "winter squash" in my area and it works great.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 (10 ounce) packages frozen butternut squash, thawed and drained slightly
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs, beaten lightly
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly grease a 2-quart baking dish and set aside.
- 2Combine squash, white sugar, milk, cinnamon, vanilla, salt, nutmeg and eggs in a large bowl and stir well.
- 3Spoon into baking dish and top with marshmallows.
- 4Combine brown sugar, flour and butter in a small bowl and mix until crumbly.
- 5Sprinkle topping over marshmallows.
- 6Bake for 25 minutes or until filling is bubbly and marshmallows are lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Squash Crunch
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 278.2
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 75.7 mg
- Sodium 156.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 37.8 g
- Protein 5.4 g