From Asparagus to Zucchini, A guide to Cooking Farm Fresh Seasonal Produce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 1/2 cups chicken or 3 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 butternut squash, peeled seeded and chopped
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chopped lemon, grass
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 1/2 cup bottled fish sauce
- sugar (start with 1 tablespoon)
- 1/2 lime, juice of
- 1Heat oil in saucepan; add onion and garlic. Sauté until lightly browned.
- 2Add stock, squash, and jalapeno; simmer until squash is tender, 10-15 minutes.
- 3Add coconut milk, lemon grass, lime leaves, fish sauce and sugar.
- 4Simmer (do not boil) for 10-12 minutes.
- 5Puree and strain through fine mesh strainer.
- 6Add lime juice and adjust to taste with sugar and more lime juice.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Squash Coconut Curry Soup
Serving Size: 1 (506 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 421.1
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat 16.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2261.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 14.9 g
- Protein 9.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
kaffir lime leaves