Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Asparagus to Zucchini, A guide to Cooking Farm Fresh Seasonal Produce.
Make and share this Butternut Squash Coconut Curry Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1⁄2 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken or 3 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 butternut squash, peeled seeded and chopped
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped lemon, grass
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 1⁄2 cup bottled fish sauce
- sugar (start with 1 tablespoon)
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- Heat oil in saucepan; add onion and garlic. Sauté until lightly browned.
- Add stock, squash, and jalapeno; simmer until squash is tender, 10-15 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, lemon grass, lime leaves, fish sauce and sugar.
- Simmer (do not boil) for 10-12 minutes.
- Puree and strain through fine mesh strainer.
- Add lime juice and adjust to taste with sugar and more lime juice.