Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Wonderful soup, the cinnamon and ginger add the perfect about of spice for your taste-buds while the molasses and honey make this so sweet and creamy.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups leeks, sliced
- 6 cups butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons low-fat plain yogurt or 3 tablespoons sour cream
- In a nonstick saucepan sprayed with vegetable spray, heat the oil over medium-low heat. Stir in the garlic and leeks. Cook, covered, for 3 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in the squash, stock, carrot, cinnamon and ginger and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until the vegetables aretender. Add the molasses and honey.
- Transfer the soup to a food processor or blender and purée until smooth. Garnish with a dollop of yogurt or sour cream.