1/2 Photos of Butternut Squash Chowder
A quick, easy and spicy vegetable chowder. Add a green salad and Carrot Bread ? from Mimi's Cafe for a delightfull meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (14 ounce) packages frozen butternut squash, thawed
- 3 cups milk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives or 2 tablespoons green onions
- 1In a small bowl,combine cornstarch and milk until smooth.
- 2In a large saucepan, combine squash and milk mixture and cook on low heat until soup thickens.
- 3Add corn, peas, bullion, cayenne and butter.
- 4Cook on medium heat until soup simmers, then reduce to low and cook 5 minutes.
- 5Stir in chives and serve.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Squash Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (352 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 267.4
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 27.3 mg
- Sodium 503.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 8.5 g