Recipe by dawetl
Delicious muffins for any occasion. To increase fiber, use Kellog's All-Bran Buds.
Top Review by Mrs. Beckman
I have been looking for new healthy muffin recipes and this one is great! if you eat following the glycemic index this one is wonderful! i want to make without the chocolate chips next time. Oh and I added some splenda to sweeten this one up. i also added pumpkin pie spice. YUM!
- 1 large egg, preferably omega-3 egg
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk, with
- 1 teaspoon vinegar, stirred in
- 1 cup butternut squash, cooked, pureed
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda brown sugar blend or 1 cup regular brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup bran buds (Kellogg's All Bran cereal preferred)
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat bran
- 3⁄4 cup ground flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spray muffin tins with low-fat cooking spray or line with cupcake papers.
- In medium bowl, mix together wet ingredients. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- In large bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until combined.
- Put into muffin tins .
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes.