Recipe by DiWriter
Every time I see this on a menu, I have to order it. This is slightly sweet, slightly spicy and low fat to boot!
Top Review by Ed & Cheryl
Second time I have made this. Wonderful, Yummy, healthy + very budget Friendly. I freeze into portions for work. Thank you !!<br/>ps. I don't add sour cream..doesn't need it, if you find it runny, cook on low stir occasionally for hour + it will thicken right up
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1 apple, cored, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 cauliflower, cut into florets (about 2 cups)
- 2 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed (4 cups)
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, sautee the onion and garlic until golden.
- Add cauliflower, apples and squash and stir together.
- Add broth and spices. Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Either with a blender, stick blender or food mill, puree the soup until creamy.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- If desired, swirl in sour cream.