Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A mildly sweet casserole reminiscent of pumpkin pie.
- 1 large butternut squash, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove seeds from squash, top with butter and wrap in aluminum foil. Bake till soft (30 mintes to an hour depending on size).
- Remove squash from oven, scrape insides and place in medium casserole dish. Make sure to mash any large pieces.
- Add all other ingredients, mix well, sprinkle with cinnamon, cover and return to oven for an additional 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.