Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this from a magazine. I made it, loved it, and ate the whole pan by myself! (In 4 days. HA!) (My husband doesn't like squash.) I will definitely be making this for Thanksgiving for myself!
- 2 medium butternut squash, peeled, cut up
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Cook squash in water in covered pot. First, bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes or until squash is tender. Drain.
- Beat squash in bowl until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and beat well. Transfer mixture to a 1 1/2 quart baking dish that has been sprayed first with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for half an hour.
This was delicious! I made it with brown sugar instead of regular sugar, and after baking added a topping from another Butternut Squash Recipe, which was a mix of vanilla wafer crumbs, brown sugar, and butter and baked uncovered for an additional 12 minutes. This was the first time I have tried butternut squash, and I really enjoyed it. It was similar in taste to sweet potatoes with a silkier texture. Thank you for posting, this will go in my "keeper" file!
this is fantastic..great side dish any time of the year
Very easy and very good, but unappealing color. I used frozen squash - 20 oz bag. Very sweet - several people commented it was like dessert! Also added slightly less then an 1/8 of Allspice.