Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
From TOH,a family favorite. My husband, who won't eat sweet potatoes, loves this.
- 2 medium butternut squash, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350. Place squash chunks in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-16 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat squash until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients;beat well. Spoon into a 1-1/2 quart baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer inserted near the center reads 160 degrees.
I tried this and fell MADLY in love!!! It is a great "comfort food!" I lost the recipe after making it and panicked! HA! Thank God I found it again!