1/1 Photo of Butternut Squash Bread
2 hrs 20 mins
My friend Debbie shared this recipe with me years ago. When my husband first tried her bread, he had said to me "Why can't you make squash taste like this." This has become a keeper at our house.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in water; let stand 5 minutes.
- 2Add squash, milk, eggs, butter, sugar and salt; mix well.
- 3Gradually add 3 ½ cups flour; beat until smooth.
- 4Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 5Turn onto a floured board; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes (5 mins in the mixer).
- 6Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
- 7Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 8Punch dough down.
- 9Shape into three loaves; place in greased 8 x 4 x 2 inch loaf pans.
- 10Cover and let rise until doubled about 30 minutes.
- 11Bake at 375 for 20 minutes or until tops are golden.
- 12Remove from pans to cool on wire racks.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Squash Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1675 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1469.8
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.3 g
- Cholesterol 189.5 mg
- Sodium 1054.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 257.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.3 g
- Sugars 24.3 g
- Protein 39.7 g