1/1 Photo of Butternut Squash Braised With Cream and Fresh Thyme
8 hrs 15 mins
This sounds really good. From Lydie Marshall's "Slow-CookedComfort".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cover the squash with a generous amount of salted water in a large saucepan and boil for 5 minutes.
- 2Drain well.
- 3In a slow cooker, combine the squash, butter, onions, garlic, cream and salt and pepper.
- 4Set the cooker on low and cook for 6 to 8 hours, adding the fresh thyme in the last hour of cooking.
- 5When the squash is tender, turn off the slow cooker.
- 6This dish can sit for an hour or two before serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Squash Braised With Cream and Fresh Thyme
Serving Size: 1 (413 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.1
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 40.4 mg
- Sodium 103.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 4.4 g