Recipe by bikerchick
I believe I got this off the internet a few years ago when I was looking for pressure cooker recipes, it's very good with wonderful flavour. The Beau says he can't eat the commercially made stuff anymore, he likes this best! Great soup course for your dinner party.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large onions, peeled and cut into large pieces
- 1 (48 ounce) can chicken broth or 1 (48 ounce) can vegetable stock (for vegetarian version)
- 3 lbs butternut squash, peeled,seeded,and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 3 large mcintosh apples, peeled,cored and cut into 1 inch pieces (or your favourite apple)
- 3⁄4 cup long-grain rice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 pint half-and-half (fat-free works too) or 1 pint milk, for thinner consistency
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 6 quart pressure cooker, sauté onions in olive oil for approximately 3 minutes, or until they begin to soften, but not brown.
- Add remaining ingredients, except half& half and salt, and place lid on cooker.
- Bring up to high pressure, then lower heat and cook for 10 minutes.
- Release pressure as directed by manufacturer.
- Open lid and allow to cool slightly.
- Place ingredients into blender or food processor, along with half& half and salt, if desired.
- Puree until smooth.
- Serve medium hot.