Recipe by Barb G.
Nothing taste better than a nice Butternut Squash Bisque on a cold evening. Cook time includes pre- cooking the squash.
Top Review by *Parsley*
A great bisque to enjoy in fall. I enjoyed all the autumn-ish flavors in this soup. The texture was thick and smooth. I'm sure that this would be just as great with acorn squash puree. Thanx for posting!
- 2 1⁄2 lbs butternut squash
- 3 golden delicious apples
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons chives, fresh,minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse squash, cut in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds.
- Places halves cut side down in a 12 by 7 inch baking pan.
- Peel, halve and core apples, add to pan.
- along with 1/4 cup water.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven until squash is tender when pierced, about 45 minutes, When cool enough to handle, scoop out flesh of squash from peels, discard peel.
- In a blender or food processer, (I use a hand blender, works great, this way you can do it right in the pan),Blend squash,apples and broth until smooth.
- Pour into 3 to 4 quart pan.
- Add wine, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and chili flakes.
- Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, and reduce heat to simmer, stirring occasionally to blend flavors, about 15 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and stir in chives.