Recipe by keen5
This is delicious! Very easy too! I like to serve this at a luncheon. It makes a great impression. Prep and cook times are approximate. I got this recipe from a Bed & Breakfast.
Top Review by bluemoon downunder
Love butternut squash and the nutmeg and cinnamon blended well to make this a very tasty soup. I like my soups thick and this one had a nice consistency but then I had added two leeks that needed to be used and - in view of what wicked cook had found - I used slightly less stock. I added 4 cups and 1/2 cup white wine. I reduced the sugar to 2 teaspoons. We enjoyed this with a generous dollop of creamy Greek yoghurt, one of my standard substitutions for cream. Thank you for sharing, keen5. Made for I recommend...
- 2 lbs peeled and seeded butternut squash
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- nutmeg, to taste
- cinnamon, to taste
- heavy whipping cream, if desired for top
- roasted seeds, if desired for topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Simmer the squash with the chicken stock until squash is very soft.
- Remove from heat and place into blender and on high speed whip in the 1/2 cup of brown sugar and the cinnamon and nutmeg.
- An optional third step would be to add heavy whipping cream and roast seeds at the end for garnish.