Recipe by mandabears
This is a creamy soup that does not use dairy except for the canned condensed soup. It can be made vegetarian by using vegetable broth and cream of mushroom, or cream of celery or even cream of onion. It is easy to make and easy to eat. I use 12 ounce packages of frozen butternut squash cubes Archer Farm Brand from Target.
- 12 ounces frozen butternut squash, thawed
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 14 3⁄4 ounces creamed corn
- 10 3⁄4 ounces condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- green onion (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook squash in chicken broth in large sauce over low heat about 20 minutes.
- Whisk in creamed corn and cream soup until well mixed.
- cook for 10 minutes until just beginning to boil.
- At this point, I use a stick blender to puree the soup.
- Garnish with sliced green onions.