Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
From a local organic gardener
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 small onions, minced
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup butternut squash (peeled, seeded, and cubed)
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup potato, cubed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream (optional)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Melt the butter or margarine in a large saucepan. Add the onions and cook for about.
- 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the squash, stock, potatoes, and paprika and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to low, cover the pan, and simmer for about 35 minutes until all the vegetables are soft.
- Pour the soup into a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Return the soup to the pan and stir in the cream, if using. Season with salt and pepper and reheat slowly.
- Stir in the chopped chives just before serving. Garnish each serving with a few whole chives.