Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A healthy, savory biscuit that goes well with soup or served alone as a snack.
Make and share this Butternut Squash Biscuits recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (or 1 T. Splenda Brown Sugar)
- 1 1⁄2 cups butternut squash, cooked and pureed
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts or 1⁄3 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F Peel squash and cut into cubes. Place on cookie sheet which is covered with parchment paper. Sprinkle with a little nutmeg, if desired. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until soft. Cool until you can easily handle squash. Puree. Set Aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl and mix with fork or spoon until well blended.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes.