Recipe by Shannon Weber
This is a way I can sneak vitamin A into my families diet. My kids love this squash.
Top Review by Tebo
I made this the night before and cooked it the next day. The rice crispies and nuts really put this over the top. It was different and good. I may mix different types of squash next time and I'll bet it will be just as good as this!!
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups mashed cooked butternut squash
- 1⁄2 cup Rice Krispies
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake the squash until a fork can easily be inserted.
- Scoop out squash flesh and discard seeds.
- Mash squash flesh and measure out 2 cups.
- The squash flesh will be rather runny.
- In another bowl cream butter and sugar and add the 2 eggs, 5 oz evaporated milk, and vanilla.
- Add the 2 cups of squash.
- Pour into a 11 x 7 inch baking pan.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes at 350.
- Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle on and bake another 5 minutes.