1 hr 10 mins
This is really yummy and simple - not a lot of spices so the squash taste shines. From Kraft Foods. I think it tastes best with low sodium chicken broth.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350. Peel and clean squash and cut into thin slices. Place in large saucepan.
- 2Add enough water to cover and bring to a boil on high heat. simmer on med-low 8-10 min until tender.
- 3Meanwhile, melt butter in another skillet and add onion. Cook and stir for 5 min until tender, then stir in flour and pepper - cook and stir 1 minute.
- 4Gradually stir in broth and cook and stir 2-3 min until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup of cheese.
- 5Drain squash and arrange half in 8 or 9 inch square baking dish. cover with half sauce then repeat layers.
- 6Top with bacon and remaining cheese then bake for 30-35 min until squash mixture is heated through.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Squash Au Gratin
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 212.4
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 33.5 mg
- Sodium 344.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 9.8 g