Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
- 2 lbs butternut squash
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (about 1 c.)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup finely shredded swiss cheese
- Peel outer skin of squash with peeler or knife. Discard skin. Halve squash lengthwise and cut into thin slices.
- Place slices in bowl with onion, salt, pepper and melted butter. Toss well. Spoon mixture into buttered 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake, covered, at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat eggs, milk and cheese. Remove cover from baking dish and pour cheese mixture evenly over squash. Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes.