Butternut Squash & Apple Soup
- In 7- to 8-quart saucepot, heat butter and oil on medium-low until butter melts and is foamy. Add onions and curry powder; cook 15 to 20 minutes or until onions are tender, stirring and scraping bottom of pot occasionally.
- Peel squash; cut in half and discard seeds. Cut squash into 1" chunks. Peel and core apples; cut into 1" chunks.
- To saucepot, add squash, apples, 2 C water, salt, and pepper. Heat to boiling on high; reduce heat to medium-low. Cover; simmer 30-40 minutes or until squash and apples are very soft.
- Transfer mixture in batches to food processor or blender and process until coarsely pureed. Return puree to pot. Stir in apple juice, and 1 tsp salt (opt.). If soup seems too thick, add water in 1/4 C increments as desired.
- When ready to serve soup, cut bread into twelve 1/2" thick slices at an angle. In broiler or toaster oven, toast bread until golden brown. Spread 1 tbsp goat cheese on each slice; garnish with parsley. Serve bread with soup.