Recipe by DailyInspiration
This dish would not only make a wonderful holiday casserole, but If you are like me, I stock up on fresh cranberries during the holidays and freeze them to use throughout the year.
Top Review by Annacia
I just found the perfect reason to buy more butternut, This side was really the hit of Christmas dinner and the ideal side for baked ham. I made the full recipe and 3 of us nearly wiped it all out. There ia a small amount left that I let everyone know was for a side to my ham sandwich at the next day. The flavors are amazing together and the fresh cranberries tart nip is just so darn good with the squash and the Gala apples that I used, I've printed this recipe because it will most certainly be made again. You just can't go wrong with this. Thank you Nancy. :D
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 large apples, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices (tart cooking apples)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cranberries (or frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Slice and peel squash and apples.
- Place squash cubes in an ungreased 7 x 11 inch baking dish. Plese apples on top and then cranberries. Mix the flour, salt, sugar and nutmeg and sprinkle on top. Dot with butter. Bake 50-60 minutes.