Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Bon Appetit, November 2007
Make and share this Butternut Squash, Apple and Onion Medley recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs butternut squash, peeled, seeded, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 medium apples, peeled, cored, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 medium red onions, cut lengthwise, 1/3 inch julienne
- extra virgin olive oil, as needed
- salt, as needed
- pepper, as needed
- 1⁄3 cup raw sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup light soy sauce
- 12 ounces butter, chilled cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1⁄4 cup fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425°F
- Toss vegetables and apples with the oil to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place vegetables on shallow baking or roasting pan.
- Roast vegetables until slightly golden and tender, approximately 15-20 minutes.
- While vegetables and apples are roasting, add sugar in the raw, sherry wine vinegar, and soy sauce to a small saucepan and bring to a simmer; reduce by one-third. Add butter to the liquid a piece or two at a time, whisking occasionally. Season with salt and pepper. Add herbs.
- Toss vegetables and apples with dressing and serve.
Delicious! And so very different, we all really liked this. I served it with Beegirl's Salmon with apple butter and an endive salad with blue cheese and walnuts. Thanks for posting! Made and reviewed for Fall PAC 2008.