Found this in the local paper. Made it for thanksgiving and it disappeared! Very nummy dish!
Make and share this Butternut Squash and Yukon Gold Gratin with Gruyere Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cups thinly sliced onions
- 1 1⁄4 lbs butternut squash, peeled,seeded and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 1⁄4 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4 slices
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs (preferably sourdough)
- 2 cups packed grated gruyere cheese
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Butter a 9X13 baking dish.
- Melt butter in large skillet over med-high heat- add onions and saute until deeply carmelized- about 20-30 minutes.
- Lay alternating layers of squash and potatoes in pan.
- Layer onions on top.
- Mix 1/2 and 1/2 and salt and pepper, pour over top.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake 90 minutes.
- Increase oven temp to 400F degrees.
- Mix breadcrumbs, sage and cheese in bowl.
- Sprinkle over Gratin.
- Bake uncovered until top is golden brown and crisp, about 30 minutes.