1/1 Photo of Butternut Squash and Yukon Gold Gratin with Gruyere Cheese
2 hrs 20 mins
Kirstin in the Couv's Note:
Found this in the local paper. Made it for thanksgiving and it disappeared! Very nummy dish!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cups thinly sliced onions
- 1 1/4 lbs butternut squash, peeled,seeded and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 1/4 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4 slices
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs (preferably sourdough)
- 2 cups packed grated gruyere cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 1Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- 2Butter a 9X13 baking dish.
- 3Melt butter in large skillet over med-high heat- add onions and saute until deeply carmelized- about 20-30 minutes.
- 4Lay alternating layers of squash and potatoes in pan.
- 5Layer onions on top.
- 6Mix 1/2 and 1/2 and salt and pepper, pour over top.
- 7Cover tightly with foil and bake 90 minutes.
- 8Increase oven temp to 400F degrees.
- 9Mix breadcrumbs, sage and cheese in bowl.
- 10Sprinkle over Gratin.
- 11Bake uncovered until top is golden brown and crisp, about 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Squash and Yukon Gold Gratin with Gruyere Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.7
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 48.5 mg
- Sodium 600.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 15.4 g