Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Posted for ZWT, I haven't made it yet so the yield and time are a guesstimate.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb butternut squash
- 1 lb yam
- oil, to saute (preferably coconut oil)
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Fry onion in skilled until tender. Stir in all other ingredients and heat to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and stir occasionally. Cook until vegetables are tender.
What a nice way to cook squash and yams. The only change I made was to use coconut cream vs. coconut milk as it was all I had in the pantry. I actually think it turned out better since the sauce was thicker and more creamy. I added a little extra cinnamon as well. Made for Everyday is a Holiday, January, 2014.