1/1 Photo of Butternut Squash and White Bean Soup
LUv 2 BaKE's Note:
A nice thick soup in which the many flavours blend together as a result of pureeing. Perfect for a crisp fall, or cold winter day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups butternut squash, peeled &, cubed (about 1 1/2 lbs)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 10 1/2 ounces vegetable broth or 10 1/2 ounces chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Mexican-style tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (19 ounce) can navy beans, drained
- 1Heat oil over medium heat; add onion, cinnamon, cumin and garlic, saute for 5 minutes.
- 2Add rest of ingredients except the beans, bring to a boil.
- 3Cover and reduce heat to medium, simmer 30 minutes stirring occasionally, until squash is tender.
- 4Remove from heat and cool slightly, uncovered about 5 minutes.
- 5In a blender, blend until smooth.
- 6Return pureed soup to the soup pot and stir in the beans.
- 7Cook on medium heat about 5-10 minutes, or until heated.
- 81 serving = 1 1/2 cup.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Squash and White Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (380 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 200.4
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 495.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.3 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 9.5 g