1/1 Photo of Butternut Squash and Vanilla Risotto
From Giada DeLaurentiis. Don't let the vanilla scare you!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pot:.
- 2Simmer broth and vanilla.
- 3Add squash and simmer until tender (about 5 minutes).
- 4Remove squash and cover to keep warm, keep broth on low heat.
- 5In a separate pan:.
- 6Melt 2 tbsp butter and add onions. Cook onions until transparent, do not caramelize.
- 7Add rice and toast for about 3 minutes, making sure to coat with butter/onions.
- 8When rice is toasted, add white wine and stir until almost evaporated.
- 9Add 1/2 cup of broth, stir until absorbed.
- 10Repeat last step until all the broth is gone and the rice is creamy (will take about 20 minutes).
- 11When rice is creamy, stir in squash, parmesan cheese, and last tablespoon of butter.
- 12Serve immediately and enjoy!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Squash and Vanilla Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (335 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 287.0
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 13.1 mg
- Sodium 650.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 8.8 g