Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
This one is an African inspired recipe with fruit and vegetables. I like to serve this in bowls on top of some basmati rice.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500 g butternut squash, squash. seeded and cut into chunks
- 2 small sweet potatoes, cut into chunks
- 450 g potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 apple, cored and cut into chunks
- 2 teaspoons mild curry paste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 1⁄2 cm piece fresh gingerroot, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 50 g raisins
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons plain yogurt
- Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the onions for 4-5 minutes until golden.
- Add the garlic, butternut squash, sweet potatoes, potatoes and apple. Then stir in the curry paste, turmeric, ginger, bay leaves, stock, raisins and plenty of seasoning.
- Bring to the boil, stir well, then cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are just tender. Spoon into bowls and add a spoonful of yogurt and serve over basmati rice.
Fantastic! I made this with a red curry paste (I didn't realize it was all I had until I started cooking) I loaded it with the curry and it was a perfect blend of super spicy then sweet.